Sunday, April 18, 2010

Of Aspirations and Chole Bhature!!

I remember having Bread-pakode in lunch many times because, I could not afford to carry tiffin to office during the times I was working as a Marketing Executive.More so, its the Hari-chatni that came along, add to my craving for it, though BP(Bread Pakode) was never a lunch item. A CB(Chole Bhature) would have cost me Rs 20 per plate, plus the taxes(Guys!!I am talking about the masale) and the fact that I had to walk for another 10 minutes to Shankar Market and to stand on a queue at a position not less than 11(which was very much to deplete my already exhaustive body, stemming out of making/attending too many client meetings in a bike in a temperature almost consistent through out the day at 39-40 degrees).

I also remember to drink BS(banana shake) at Bunty's Juice shop. In a small glass of the shake, my peg is made of 3 banans(way too much), 5 tea spoon of milk and no sugar...This customized shake starts my day, when I just pass by the way to office; when I go out to attend a call and when I come back; on all occassions I had to have it.

I was a class apart then, or I was a member of non-class.or en masse, a person who was only concerned about coming to office, do the job, have meal and go back home. I was one when stand in a crowd, was easily invisible. In short I had traits of an aam aadmi.The tie that I wrapped round my neck would easily transform into a string for the crowd in a metro rail; it was a non-knot, the length was always imperfect, as in it would either be above the trouser belt or would linger much lower than the belt.I missed a mirror in my life. I could not look up to myself and only time I would look at the mirroring cars behind my back.

With such a glorious attributes, my first impressions were always non impressions. The glass of water being offered to me would only help me to introduce myself. By the time I would try to introduce my company and make the proposal to the client, the sheen that was there in the client eyes would have gone and he would express his gratitude of reaching him after driving those sun burn kilometers. I just had a bad lunch again.Only happy news was for, the meeting was over and I can claim my kilometers in the petrol bill.

In short my job life and life in general was aspirationless. Time has changed, so have I.But you know what no matter how many cups of stylish coffees I may have in office or how many restaurants I flock on a monthly basis, I am still the same person, in terms of aspirations in my life!!

No comments: